Multi Disciplinary Pain Management
- Generally a 10-12 week programme, 3 times a week;
- One on one physiotherapy working on specific exercise and treatment strategies;
- Group base gym and hydrotherapy to increase strength, flexibility and core stability;
- One to one psychology (if required)
- Review of medication to ensure adequate pain cover and the right combination of medications for the condition.
Generally a referral for Mutli-Disciplinary Pain Management programmes is not required unless a claim is being made through a third party provider (eg where there has been a workplace accident, transport injury or a relevant Veteran's Affairs matter). Some sports insurers also require a medical referral.
How Can It Help Back Pain?
- Improve strength and ability to complete important daily tasks;
- Reduce pain allowing management of most day to day activities;
- Improve a sense of control over the condition with reduced reliance on practitioners and medication;
- Provide a greater sense of physical and psychological well being.